Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A Finish or two........

and a few starts to throw in on top of the mix! Hi Everyone! I hope everyone is stitching to their little hearts content! I've been stitching and scheming on new starts. I'm in the planning stages of getting my projects together for my beach trip coming up in May! I can't wait!

Let's see, I finished LHN From Sea to Shining Sea. I love this piece, it was so fun to stitch. The designer has a good eye for color. If you've seen the finished piece on the LHN website, you've seen the frame I want so badly for this piece. I think it's just perfect. I'm going to have to save up because I can just image the price. I haven't asked my LNS to look it up for me yet.


My TTE partner, Jessica, also received the little Biscornu I stitched for her. I enjoyed picking the colors and stitching this "My Aunt's Attic" freebie. I hope she likes it!


After LHN-FSTSS, I started LHN - Two Red Houses. This one is stitching quick. I'm having issues with my floss, it seems to be fraying on me more than ever and it's just plain DMC (brand new!)



I mentioned in an earlier post I was going to stitch Praiseworthy Stitches - Love sampler for my Mom. Well I've stated that one too. The colors are coming out pretty. I'm using GAST Wrought Iron and CC Ruby Slippers.


Well I couldn't stop there, I also pulled the threads for Mirabilia's The Dreamer tonight! I can't believe I have a chart that doesn't use Black floss! That's a first! I ordered Silkweavers - Purely Primitive 28 ct. to stitch it on (and I hope the color is right!) This is the first time I've ordered fabric online for a specific piece without seeing it first hand. We'll see!

Well before I close, I want to say I hope Chris, Ruth, Karen & Michelle had a great get together in AZ! I hope everyone has arrived home safely! and I can't wait to see pics and here what you all did! Happy Stitching!

5 comments:

Shelleen said...

From Sea To Shining Sea looks awesome. I love this piece , even though it isn't my style. I would stitch it but would have to give it away lol

Ruth said...

Wow. You've been busy doing only the most beautiful work. :) Congrats on everything. Especially that lovely Sea to Shinging Sea.

Carolyn NC said...

You have been stitching! All looks great - FSTSS is beautiful! Love the new starts, too.

Chris said...

Was great seeing you at Lazy Daizy the other week. Great job on From Sea to Shining Sea, it looks great. Trip to AZ was so much fun, check our blogs for photos.

Sonda said...

Wow...busy girl! Everything looks so wonderful! Love that From Sea to Shining Sea!