Sunday, April 6, 2008

Finished LeNS


I'm sorry it took so long to get these finished pictures of LeNouveau Sampler up. The pictures aren't the best, but they still show how pretty this piece came out. It will look much better once it's framed. I'm thinking of going with a dark wood frame and no matting. I've got a big trip coming up and need to save my pennies for that. The colors and beading are so pretty!

I also wanted to share my floss toss and WIP pic of the Alphabet Sampler Book. I plan on stitching this while in the Bahamas. I decided to use Lakeside Linen - Vintage Luna and the recommended DMC colors. The picture really doesn't show the fabric color very well. It's kind of peachy in color. I really didn't realize how much fabric this piece was going to take - I had to order more fabric last week. As you can tell I'm very bad at measuring fabric! I think I cut my linen pieces way too big!
I've also been working on some small pieces lately. I can't share those - their for a few exchanges I'm involved in. As soon as they're received I'll share some pictures.
My FIL is doing much better, but he's still in the hospital. Not sure when he'll get out of there, but please keep your prayers coming. They may have to do a biopsy tomorrow, but it's a wait and see kind of deal. All of your prayers mean so much to my. I can't express it in words! Thanks so much!
Now I'm off to finish watching LOR - Two Towers :)

No comments: