Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Can Anyone Tell Me......


What this is? I don't even know how to being googling this creature. We spotted these things while exploring the rocks once the tide went out in the Bahamas. I don't know about you, but they are pretty nasty looking. I'm usually not shy about touching things, even if I have to poke it with a stick! But I wouldn't even come near this with a stick - LOL......I'd love to know what they are?


DH took this picture of me walking way out in the water on the same day. I was amazed at how far I could walk out from the shore and still be only in knee deep water.

I'll try to post some stitching updates during the long weekend! Thanks for looking :)

4 comments:

Maxine said...

I think it might be a sea cockroach....google for that and see what you think :) I read your blog often but have never left a comment before, you have done some beautiful stitching.

Mel said...

Maxine, I do believe you may be right!! That was the first think I thought of when I first saw them, but I thought my mind had just associated the land cockroach with this creature! They just give me the heebee-jeebees!!!

Carolyn NC said...

Yuck! - ugly critter - looks like a fossil trilobite (or something or other), except it's alive....anything with the word cockroach associated with it can't be good. Trip looks amazing - beautiful!

Sonda said...

I'm pretty certain it's a chiton. Not a bug, but a type of mollusk?? like mussels or clams??

Anyway, here's a link that might help:

http://home.inreach.com/burghart/