Friday, February 1, 2008

Earth Dancer Update

Thank you to everyone who commented on my Earth Dancer WIP! Here I am working diligently on my Indian. Bruce decided to catch me in action and as usual he couldn't sneak around to take my picture when I'm wasn't looking :)




I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I worked on her last night and got most of the beading done on the breast of her dress! It looks so pretty! Sorry I don't have an updated picture right now, but I'll add one sometime this weekend. I think once I finish the beading on that part of her dress all the other beading will fly by - then off to doing the suede cording fringe that's all around her dress. I'm already contemplating the compainon piece called Spirit Dancer by the same designer. I think it would coordinate quite nicely with this piece :)


I finished my Fair & Square piece for Melissa which will hopefully go in the mail early next week. I'll share a picture when she's received it.


Other than that, I haven't been stitching on much else. I pulled out my Celtic Autumn UFO to work on when I watch TV. She'll replace Earth Dancer in the stitching stand but until then I'll stitch her by hand. Here's a small WIP picture so you can get an idea of where I'm at with her:
Thanks for looking, until next time...Huggs, Malinda

4 comments:

Ruth said...

You don't believe in small projects do you. lol Congrats on some lovely accomplishments.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Now THOSE are some projects! BOTH looking gorgeous! :)

Michele said...

so nice to "see" you! love the progress on Earth Dancer .. she's lovely!

I've been "tracking" a package I sent you .. should be arriving mid-week ...sorry for the delay :(

Wanda said...

Both very big projects they look beautiful!