Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Christmas Stitching Underway.....

Hi, thanks so much for all the encouraging comments about my Paris Ornament. I've finished the 2nd one and it's waiting to be finished into a pin-keep too. I'm planning to do something a little different on this one so I'll post pictures when it's completed. I'm stitching like crazy on my stitchy gifts for family & friends. I'm hoping to get all of them done soon so I'm not stitching at the last minute, which is the usual pattern for me. I end up stitching up until I know there's no way it will get done in time! Not this year - I'm ahead of the game, I think :) You'll have to wait for pictures because I don't want to take the chance of anyone seeing them before they receive theirs.

I'm participating in round 4 of the Fair & Square exchange! I can't wait to start this piece. I'm hoping to pick out the pattern this weekend and see what materials I need. I'll definitely need to get some 32 ct fabric; I find myself stitching on 28 ct more than anything lately. It sounds like my partner in the exchange has similar tastes as mine so I don't think it will be too hard to find something :)

On a non stitching note, my hubbie and I purchased our first GPS system. We went with the Garmmin. I must say it's very cool! I got to use it yesterday. Even though I knew where I was going it was so cool to see this thing work! A note of caution - it can be very distracting at first so be careful. You'll notice you have a tendancey to watch this thing and take your eyes off the road.....that can be a very bad thing. I was pretty much used to it by the time I headed home yesterday evening though.

Until next time - Happy Stitching :)

2 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Can't wait to see your stitching that is under wraps for now :)

And whatever you choose for F & S will be SPECTACULAR...I forgot who your partner was so now I'm gonna go look ;)

Hannah said...

Can't wait to see your newest pinkeep! Good luck on getting everything done before Christmas. I hope I am able to as well.

I have a TomTom GPS and absolutely love it and don't go anywhere without it. I just wish it had something on it to warn you of stop signs and red lights. It tends to make you almost run them! Eek!