Friday, October 26, 2007

Look What I Did!!

This is from one of the classes I took at the PAL's Stitch Retreat last weekend in Myrtle Beach. The stitching was really fun to do and I really enjoyed using the fibers the designer used. I'm waiting to hear back from the Mary of M--Designs to find out what the brand was....I forgot what she told us in class.


I'm really proud of myself for actually finishing this into the pouch, I didn't think I could pull it off. BTW, Focus on Finishing has some really good directions - but they were in French! The pictures helped me get the concept down. I will definately being doing more of these - they would make great gifts for someone who's a stitcher or someone who really appreciates what goes into stitching!

I completed this ornament when I was in Myrtle Beach too. It's the Eiffel Tower from the 2007 JCS Ornament issues. I plan to finish it as a pinkeep using the same blue for the backing as used in the words, with a black ribbon and most likely silver head pins.

Thanks for looking!

12 comments:

Michele said...

Malinda! Love your new blog :) and congrats on finishing the stitcher's bag! I think you are the first :) It's lovely!!

Amy said...

Great blog Malinda! I LOVE your bourse, it looks great!!! Can't wait to find the time to stitch on mine. It was so great meeting you & I'm looking forward to seeing you again soon! :) I've bookmarked your blog & will keep an eye out to see what great things you are working on!! Hugs!!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Two great finishes! The boruse is just so pretty!

Heather said...

Welcome to blog land :D It's addicting LOL!

The stitchers bag you did is awesome, great job! I have yet to try one... someday I will :) Also the ornament is cool. I've added you to my "reader" so I can follow your posts!

Cindy said...

Welcome to blogging :)

Your bourse is wonderful!

Ranae said...

Came over to visit from Dani's blog.
Welcome to Blogland.
Love the pouch

Mindi said...

Welcome to the world of blogging! I just started in July, and I've found it helps motivate me to keep stitching.

Love the bourse you made, they really are easy but look so impressive. Focus on Finishing is a great site, I've used it for so many different things.

Michelle (Mollylanguedoc) said...

I dropped by from Dani's blog. Welcome to blogging!

Lynn said...

I just dropped by thanks to Dani to welcome you to blogging! Your stitching retreat sounds like it was a lot of fun.
I was just introduced to Focus on Finishing by another blogger. I live close to Dani and she just helped me out with my first flatfold. Your pouch is just too cute!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Warm Welcome :)
I love your bourse!

Unknown said...

Welcome to the world of blogging! Your stitching is so pretty. Glad to have you here. I love blogging and showing off my stitching and seeing all the wonderful work everyone else does. :)

Wanda said...

Great finishes I found your block via Dani's. Welcome to blogging I just started myself.